I'm not good at writing in my journal, but I need to write down some of the things that have happened to me while I'm pregnant. On Thursday, I went to the doctor (and it was miserable getting there...its ALWAYS raining when I go and its supposed to rain on Thursday when I get induced). I got in the elevator with an older man (who looked like Santa Claus but with brown hair) and a lady. The lady got off on the second floor and while the old man and I were riding up to the third floor, he started singing to me. Yes, that's right, singing. I don't have any clue what he sang (it was something "inspirational") because I just kept thinking...don't laugh, don't laugh, it's only one floor. So, when we stopped, he stopped and then he said that it was for me and my daughter. I composed myself enough to tell him thank you and that he had a beautiful voice. He was so sincere that I had to be nice. I really hope I don't have to deal with that again, but it did put me in a better mood.
One other quick story. My mom and I went to Little Rock to run some errands on Wednesday (I was hoping that would put me into labor, but it didn't). We went and looked at rocker recliners and I almost fell asleep in one. Then we went to Sam's and were getting some food (their pizza is yummy and they have CF Diet Coke with free refills and the best ice....how much better can you get?). We were in line for food, and this lady who was sitting down eating noticed me and said "Damn" pretty loud. To make the story better and so you can imagine it...she was a larger black woman. The lady realized my mom heard her and then she said something to me about looking great. I never knew that looking great deserved a "damn."
By the way, I love working the ministorage. People are hilarious. You have to put in a code to get out....there is a very obvious box with a sign that says to enter your code. Well, they'll just pull up to the gate and wait for it to open. And I just sit here and watch them in the camera and laugh. That guy just figured it out after about 2 minutes.
6 hours ago
2 comments:
Well Katie, even though I've only seen pictures of you, you do look really great for how pregnant you are! I mean, obviously, since you got serenaded by a complete stranger and complimented by another...
I still laugh about the lady saying that to you at the store. Some people are just so thoughtless! You could have said "At least I will lose this belly in about a week" then clear your throat! ok that would be rude but ya know, really?
I think you look cute.
Post a Comment