3.31.2009

Update

It's been a long time since I've updated...mainly because we've been busy getting ready for this baby to come and I've been doing taxes in my spare time. I did a separate post with a pregnancy picture update so I didn't have to look at it too much. I have recently been compared to the guy on the taco bell commercial that is sneaking in the nachos. I also got a "holy moly" from a woman at Kroger yesterday morning. And I regularly get the "you're huge" remark. When I'm out with my mom she thinks its hilarious to watch everyone stare at me. I've decided as long as they are referring to my belly and not my butt I'm okay with it. Did you like my swollen feet in the last post?

I got a phone call from my awesome "nurse" yesterday and she told me that the doctor gave her permission to go ahead and schedule my induction. I will be induced on Thursday, April 9th if I haven't already had her!!!! I actually hate odd numbers, but I can't really control that she'll be born in 2009, so 4-9-09 will be good. At this point, she can come out whenever she wants though!

I've had a few fun afternoons spent playing with my niece Kalisa. One day I entertained her by taking pictures of us. I look goofy, but she's absolutely adorable. My dad calls me her Crazy Aunt Katie...but crazy is fun right?

We were practicing...this is our surprised look!
I'm so excited Kalisa and my little girl will be so close in age...we have quite a few matching outfits for them (including this Grandma's little doll onesie)! They are going to be the most photographed little girls.

Hopefully I go into labor soon and if not, April 9th is the day!!!

****I hope I don't come off as complaining (especially in the last post with my fat feet). I really have enjoyed being pregnant and I just think I should allow everyone to laugh like I do every day about my belly and my feet. (plus I get foot massages all the time from my wonderful husband and nice mother...and sometimes even my dad)****

8 comments:

John, Katie, Kailyn said...

Isn't our "nurse" the best!

Celeste and Joe said...

who's your awesome "nurse" so I can meet her?

Our Happy Family said...

I am so happy for you and I know your so ready to see your little girl. That is so awesome that your daughter and your sister's daughter will be that close in age. Girl, and I just saw the picture of your foot below and all I have to say is...SORRY. I will never complain again about swelling during that time of the month, lol. You still look so skinny.

Katie said...

I can't tell you who my "nurse" is...HIPPA regulations:).

Trapper and Suzy said...

You are the cutest aunt.

Victoria said...

I don't think you complain much. If you did, shoot, you're pregnant. I'm excited for you.

Unknown said...

Can't wait to meet your sweet baby via blog. Love that you have an end in sight.

Unknown said...

Remember when we gave your mom and dad foot massages when we were kids? When your daughter and niece are old enough you should talk them into doing the same thing for you and your husband. ;)

Good luck! I'm excited and so proud of you!